The Symposium press facilities are open to representatives of print, broadcast and Internet general interest media and health care trade media, as well as public information officers from universities, government agencies and nonprofit cancer research organizations.
To register as press, journalists must present media identification or a business card issued by a
recognized news organization or publication, as well as two byline medical articles or a copy of editorial masthead. Freelance journalists must present a letter of assignment on letterhead from a recognized news organization or publication, and a business card.
Journalists working for medical publishing companies must have appropriate press credentials (i.e., proof of an editorial assignment) in order to register
and the publication must meet the following criteria:
- The publication must have a regular editorial news section
- Must have multiple sponsors (no single-sponsor publications)
- Must have complete editorial freedom from their sponsors
- Exhibitors will not be allowed to register as press unless they can provide proof of an editorial assignment
Journalists reporting for online media outlets (including blogs, twitter accounts, etc) who wish to register as press must work for news-making organizations or private blogs that meet the following criteria:
- The website must provide original, editorial news coverage
- Editorial content must be independent of advertising and sponsorship
- Advertising on the website must be clearly identifiable as such
- Any sponsors of the website should be clearly identified as such and should be multiple in number (i.e., no single-sponsored websites)
- Any personal blog or twitter account pass is subject to review by the AACR Office of Communications
Public information officers from universities, government agencies and nonprofit cancer research organizations must present a business card to obtain a badge.
Journalists and PIOs who are pre-registered and those who plan to register on-site should proceed to the main registration area. There will be a designated press registration booth where they can pick up their badge. Other materials can be claimed in the press room following registration. Those registering onsite will need to bring the materials specified above along with a completed press registration form and photo identification.
The Symposium provides complimentary registration to professional journalists representing media organizations for the express purpose of gathering news and information to produce editorial coverage of the meeting.
Advanced Press Registration
Valid credentials are required of every journalist in order to complete registration. These credentials include an official press identification (business card, press pass, etc) and two bylined articles (or a copy of the masthead if articles are not bylined), or a letter of assignment. Please fax these valid credentials to Julia Gunther, American Association for Cancer Research, at 215-861-5937. For further information, please call 215-446-6896 or e-mail email@example.com.